Promotion Council for EOUs & SEZs
of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India)
8G, 8th Floor, Hanasalaya Bldg.
15, Barakhamba Road, New
Tel : 011-23329766-69,
Fax : 011-23329770
Email : email@example.com,
The Export Promotion Council for EOUs
and SEZs (EPCES) has been set- up to service the export promotional
needs of 100% Export Oriented Units (EOUs), Special Economic Zone
(SEZ) Units and Agri Economic Zones in the country. EPCES represents
EOU/SEZ Sector, which has over 2900 EOUs/SEZ Units, spread all over
the country. The export earnings by this sector in 2005-06 is Rs.
59,967/- crore (US $ 13.84 billion) with a contribution of 13.19%
in national exports. In the decade 1996-97 to 2005-06, exports
from EOU/SEZ Sector has shown an average growth rate of 18.24%.
This shows the potential of EOU/SEZ Scheme. This Council is a multi-product
and scheme specific Export Promotion Council. The EOUs/SEZ Units
cover major industrial sectors, like Textiles, Garments & Yarn,
Food & Agro Products, Electronics & Software, Chemical,
Engineering, Minerals, Granite, etc.
- The objectives of the Council are:
- To promote exports from India and to earn more foreign exchange
for the country.
- To facilitate interaction between the exporting community and
government both at the Central and State level.
- To canalize financial assistance rendered by the Central Government
to members for assisting their export market development efforts.
- To collaborate with other Export Promotion Councils/Export
Promotion Organisations in India and similar bodies in foreign
countries as well as with international organizations working
in the field.
- The main activities of the Council are:
- Providing financial assistance to EOUs/SEZ Units through Market
Development Assistance for export promotion activities abroad.
- Organising Open Houses/Seminars/Workshops in different states
of the country for resolving their problems and eliciting suggestions
for policy making by Government.
- Taking up issues affecting EOUs/SEZ Units with various Ministries
like Commerce, Finance, CBEC, CBDT, RBI, State Governments etc.
- Participating in trade fairs/exhibitions in India and abroad.
- Informing members about latest developments and changes in
the national and international trade scenario.
- Publishing a quarterly ‘EPCES News’ focusing on marketing strategies,
international scene, latest provisions and procedures relating
to Export-Import, Customs & Excise, Investment Opportunities
- Bringing out publications for use within India and abroad.
- Organising buyer-seller meets with EOUs and SEZ Units for the
promotion of exports.